This is the bare board version (no connectors assembled) of the in485P-M-TBPLUG and in485P-M-TBPCB. For more details on this product, click on one of the two given links.
The in485P-M is a RS-485 interface module. It is part of our iMod product range
. It enables 3.3V devices (like a Microcontroller for example) to communicate with nodes on a RS-485 network. It has a DIP switch for enabling bias and terminating resistors, that are required for a RS-485 master module (end nodes).
It uses a 1/8 load transceiver chip, enabling 256 nodes on a single bus. It uses the 3.3V Sipex SP3078E RS-485/RS-422 Transceiver chip, which has a 1/8 Load and Failsafe operation. For details on the SP3078, download it's datasheet from www.exar.com.
The TB05B-F350-W4 or TB05P-M350-H4 terminal blocks can be soldered into the space for a terminal block connector on the PCB. Any standard 2.54mm (0.1") grid pin header, or press-fit pin header can be soldered into the two positions (X1 and X2) on the PCB left for pin headers. If required, wires can also of course be soldered onto the PCB in stead of connectors.
Schematics (pdf format)
|Click to enlarge
- DIP switch for enabling bias and terminating resistors
- ±15kV ESD protection for RS485 pins
- Advanced receiver-failsafe protection for open, shorted or terminated lines
- Up to 256 Transceivers may share bus (1/8 Unit Load)
- Very low load for 8x greater fan-out
- Hot Swap glitch protection RE and DE
- Thermal shutdown protects against driver contention
- High quality assembly, with brand name, quality components. No cheap, “no name brand” components are used!
- Module dimension: 22.2mm x 19.7mm (0.875" x 0.775")
- RoHS Compliant
- Operating Temperature -40°C to + 85°C
What is included
- 1 x iMod module, all surface mount components fully assembled, as shown in picture above. The pin headers and terminal block connector are not assembled!