Important! Note "Header Type" Option above for selecting pin header! See "Pin Headers" section below for details.
The in485P-M is a RS-485 interface module. It is part of our iMod product range
. It enables 3.3V devices (like a Microcontroller for example) to communicate with nodes on a RS-485 network. It has a DIP switch for enabling bias and terminating resistors, that are required for a RS-485 master module (end nodes).
It uses a 1/8 load transceiver chip, enabling 256 nodes on a single bus. It uses the 3.3V Sipex SP3078E RS-485/RS-422 Transceiver chip, which has a 1/8 Load and Failsafe operation. For details on the SP3078, download it's datasheet from www.exar.com.
Schematics (pdf format)
|Click to enlarge
The in485P has two rows of standard 2.54mm (0.1") pin headers. The rows are 0.7" apart, allowing this module to be mounted on a breadboard or standard 0.1" grid prototype board. The picture to the right shows some iMod modules mounted on a standard prototyping board.
The pin headers supplied or soldered to this board are selected in the "Header Type" option at the top of this page.
- DIP switch for enabling bias and terminating resistors
- ±15kV ESD protection for RS485 pins
- Advanced receiver-failsafe protection for open, shorted or terminated lines
- Up to 256 Transceivers may share bus (1/8 Unit Load)
- Very low load for 8x greater fan-out
- Hot Swap glitch protection RE and DE
- High quality, 3.5mm terminal block connector
- Thermal shutdown protects against driver contention
- Pin Header connectors are gold plated for best possible contact
- High quality assembly, with brand name, quality components. No cheap, “no name brand” components are used!
- Module dimension: 22.2mm x 19.7mm (0.875" x 0.775")
- RoHS Compliant
- Operating Temperature -40°C to + 85°C
What is included
- 1 x iMod module, fully assembled, with pin headers (as selected in options above).