Satisfy Your Curiosity
Your next embedded design idea has a new home. Curiosity (DM164137) is a cost-effective, fully integrated 8-bit development platform targeted at first-time users, Makers, and those seeking a feature-rich rapid prototyping board. Designed from the ground-up to take full advantage of Microchip's MPLAB X development environment, Curiosity includes an integrated programmer/debugger, and requires no additional hardware to get started.
Your Tool for Function Enablement
Curiosity is the perfect platform to harness the power of modern 8-bit PIC® Microcontrollers. Its layout and external connections offer unparalleled access to the Core Independent Peripherals (CIPs) available on many newer 8-bit PIC MCUs. These CIPs enable the user to integrate various system functions onto a single MCU, simplifying the design and keeping system power consumption and BOM cost low.
Internet of Things Ready
Have an IoT design idea? Curiosity can make it real. Out of the box, the development board offers several options for user interface - including physical switches, an mTouch™ capacitive button, and an on-board potentiometer. A full complement of accessory boards is available via the MikroElectronika Mikrobus™ interface footprint.
In addition, Bluetooth Low Energy communication can easily be added using an available Microchip RN4020 module.
To view the PDF Datasheet, click here.see this page:
For additional information, see the manufacturer's product page.product page:
There are a couple of different curiosity boards. For an overview, click here.see this page:
- Supports 8-, 14-, 20-pin 8-bit PIC® Microcontrollers with low voltage programming capability
- Integrated Programmer/Debugger with USB Interface
- Integrates seamlessly with MPLAB X IDE and Code Configurator
- Various user interface options - mTouch button, analog potentiometer, and physical switches
- Mikrobus™ support with over 100 MikroElectronika Click™ add-on boards available
- RN4020 Bluetooth module footprint
1 x Curiosity Development Board
1 x Quick Start Guide