Compact SBC for 28 pin PIC with RS232 - fully assembled.
The SBC28DC is a single board computer for 28 pin PIC microcontrollers. It has a RS232 serial interface that is available via a standard 9 pin D-Sub, male connector. Some examples of 28 pin DIP PIC chips that this board is designed for (There are many more!):
- PIC18F23K22, PIC18F24K22, PIC18F25K22, PIC18F26K22
- PIC18F242, PIC18F252, PIC18F248, PIC18F258
- PIC18F2320, PIC18F2410, PIC18F2680 (CAN BUS), PIC18F2550 (USB)
- PIC16F870, PIC16F873(A), PIC16F876(A)
- PIC16C63, PIC16C66, PIC16C73(A), PIC16F73, PIC16C76, PIC16F76
Most other 5V, 28 pin PIC chips will also work, as long as their power, reset(MCLR) and oscillator pins are situated in the same place as the chips listed above.
By default these boards don't have a crystal assembled. A Crystal is not required seeing that all PIC chips have built in crystals. Typically the built in crystal is 4MHz or 8MHz. If a higher or special clock rates is required, it can be selected via the options below. For example, if this board is going to be used to communicate at a standard BAUD rate (9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200...), then the 18.432MHz crystal should be selected below. With this crystal, the exact BAUD rate can be obtained with 0% error.
- 22 I/O ports when using common PIC chips, for example the PIC16F876A or PIC18F252.
- Is part of our MicroX product range, and has a Frontend and Compact Daughter board connector for expansion.
- Compact size of 58mm x 54mm.
- Assembled with High Quality, Industrial Temperature components - electrolytic capacitors used are extra long lifetime rated!
- Diode protected 2.1mm power connector for a standard DC transformer.
- Wide operating voltage range from 7 – 30V. It is recommended to use a 7.5V or 9V DC power supply.
- On board 15kV ESD protected RS232 interface. Assembled with industrial temperature range interface driver chip.
- Standard 9 pin, D-Sub male connector with RS232 signals, ground and external power.
- The power pin (pin 9) on the D-Sub connector can be connected to the boards unregulated power supply (the input of the 2.1mm power connector) via a jumper. This can be used to obtain power for this board. When used, no power has to be supplied via the 2.1mm power connector. It will obtain it's power via the D-Sub connector.
- Power LED to indicate when device is powered.
- Micro Match socket with Power, I2C and SPI signals. The Micro Match connector can be used to daisy chain multiple I2C devices together, like our displays with keyboard decoder.
- Has an ICSP (In Circuit Serial Programming) connector (ICPC1 type) - CPU can be programmed in circuit.
This board has a daughter board connector, allowing following board to be plugged into it:
- IOR5E prototype main board, with enclosure
- PT01TC and PT01TC-KITprototype daughter boards
- PT10E prototype main board, with enclosure
- PT24E prototype main board, with enclosure
This board has a small, 8 pin connector(2.0mm pitch) containing the ICSP(in circuit serial programming) pins. To program the board, a PIC programmer(like the ICD3 or PICKit 3) and the PGM06 is required. For details, see this page.
Documentation, Details, Schematics, Example Code...
1 x SBC Board